Details for a Smooth and Enjoyable Stay at Sunset Shore Mille Lacs
Terms of Service
SUNSET SHORE MILLE LACS RENTAL AGREEMENT
This Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made and entered into on the date of reservation by and between Sunset Shore Mille Lacs (the “Owner”) and YOU (the “Guest”).
- PROPERTY: The Owner agrees to rent the property known as Cabin 1 and/or Cabin 2 (the “Property”) to the Guest for the dates of reservation.
- TERM: The term of the lease shall begin on the arrival date of the reservation and end on the departure date of the reservation. The property will be ready for occupancy no earlier than CHECK-IN TIME on the arrival date and must be vacated no later than CHECK-OUT TIME on the departure date. This agreement is for temporary lodging only (transient occupancy) and does not create a tenancy or residence. The rental is for residential purposes only, and no commercial use is allowed unless agreed to in writing by the Owner. A $75 fee or greater will be charged for late check-out if Guest has not vacated the property by check-out time unless prior approval has been given by Owner for late check-out.
- RENTAL PARTY: The rental party shall consist of the Guest and those included in the reservation count. No other person shall occupy the premises.
- USE OF PROPERTY: The Guest agrees to use the Property solely for vacation purposes and for no other purpose. The Guest shall not sublet the Property or allow any other person outside of the rental party to use the Property without the Owner’s prior written consent.
- RENTAL RULES: Guest and their guests agree to abide by all rules and regulations as set forth by the Owner. Any violation of these rules may result in eviction without a refund of rent.
- LIMITED OCCUPANCY: Occupancy is limited to a maximum of 10 persons in Cabin 1 and 7 persons in Cabin 2. If Owner concludes that this policy has been breached, the Owner reserves the right to expel the entire party with no refund. The Guest agrees to abide by this limit and to ensure that all occupants of the Property comply with all other terms of this Agreement.
- PAYMENT: Guest agrees to pay the rental fee, cleaning and other applicable fees, and any applicable taxes in full at the time of booking. The deposit, if any, will be returned within 14 after the rental period ends, provided that the property is returned in the same condition as it was upon check-in and there is no damage to the Property.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Any change or cancellation to a reservation by Guest, must be in writing. Travel insurance is strongly recommended.
- 100% refund of the amount paid (minus the service fee) if Guest cancels at least 30 days before check-in.
- 50% refund of the amount paid (minus the service fee) if Guest cancels at least 14 days before check-in.
- No refund if Guest cancels less than 14 days before check-in.
- If Owner cancels the reservation prior to check-in, a 100% refund will be provided to Guest
- NON-DISTURBANCE CLAUSE: Guest and their guests shall not disturb, annoy, endanger (fireworks) or inconvenience neighbors nor use the premises for any unlawful purposes. Guest and their guests shall abide by the quiet hours from 10 pm to 8 am.
- CARE OF PREMISES/DAMAGES: NO PETS ALLOWED. NO SMOKING/VAPING PERMITTED IN HOUSE. Automatic eviction plus forfeit of deposit and rent if violated. The Guest shall leave the Property in the same condition as it was upon arrival, except for normal wear and tear. Guest agrees to pay Owner for any damages to furnishings, household items that occur as a result of Guest’s occupancy. This will include payment of any additional cleaning charges incurred due to Guest’s occupancy. Exceptions to the NO PETS policy must be agreed to in writing by the Owner and may include additional fees.
- OWNERS RIGHTS: Guest agrees that if the conditions and limitations set forth herein are not met, Owner shall have the right to cancel this agreement and may enter the Property, either by statutory proceedings or by force, to inspect the Property and ensure that Guest has vacated the Property. All monies paid by Guest shall be forfeited as liquidated damages.
- LIABILITY: Owner shall not be held liable for any damages or injury to Guest or their property while on the premises.
- INDEMNITY CLAUSE: Guest hereby agrees to Indemnify and hold Owner harmless from any and all claims, including those of third parties, arising out of or in any way related to Guest’s use of Property or the items of personal property provided therein. Guest assumes all risk of injury or other losses relating to any recreational activities, including use of the lake or creek on the Property, and will hold Owner harmless with respect thereto. Finally, Guest assumes all risks associated or related to use of any bunk bed, dock, natural water body, water toy such as paddle boats, kayaks, paddle boards, canoes etc., including but not limited to water sports, by Guest or their guests. Guest acknowledges surrounding patios/steps/decks/docks can be dangerous. With full knowledge of the above facts, Guest accepts and assumes all risks involved in or related to the use of these areas.
- REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE: The Property is rented with the Owner’s furniture and household furnishings. Owner shall not be responsible for providing additional furnishings or equipment not presently available in Property. Guest will report any maintenance issues immediately to the Owner. Owner will make every effort to repair and/or replace any equipment that is not working properly, but cannot guarantee that all equipment is in good operating order at all times and no rate adjustments or refund will be made for equipment or appliance failures.
- PROPERTY ACCESS: Owner or designated agent shall have the right to access the rental property at reasonable times to perform lawn care, snow removal, pest control, garbage removal, or other services deemed necessary for the proper maintenance and upkeep of the property. Access to the exterior of the property by Owner or designated agent will not include prior notice due to the recurring and ongoing nature of those services. The owner or agent will provide reasonable notice to Guest of there is a need to enter the interior of Property for any purpose, except in cases of emergency.
- SECURITY CAMERAS: Property includes 3 exterior security cameras on the outside areas of the Property. For the safety of the Guest and their guests and the Property, the cameras have the ability to actively record video and audio.
- CONSUMABLES: The Owners will provide a starter amount of paper & soap products (i.e. toilet paper, paper towels, dish soap, dishwasher soap, etc.). Although we provide an initial inventory of consumables, please plan to bring any special items you are accustomed to, as well as an additional stock of personal items such as bath products and toiletries.
- LOST AND FOUND: If items left behind by the Guest are found in the home by the Owners, their employees or vendors after the Guest and their guests depart, the Owners will make every effort to identify the owner of the item and contact them. The Owners will mail the item to the guest for a fee of $10 plus the return mail postage.
- PEST CONTROL: The Owner coordinates pest inspections and treatments. The Owner is not liable for any harm, symptoms, complications, expenses, or inconvenience arising from a bite or sting.
- OWNER CHANGES TO PROPERTY: Every effort is made by the Owners to ensure that all property listings are as accurate and complete as possible. However, the Owners are not responsible for any property or amenity changes implemented. Listing details such as descriptions, rates, amenities, and terms are subject to change without notice.
- GOVERNING LAW: This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the state of Minnesota.
- SEPARABILITY: If, for any reason, any provision of this agreement is held invalid, all other provisions of this agreement shall remain in effect.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all prior discussions and agreements between them.
By proceeding with the reservation, Guest and Owner, acknowledge that they will comply with the terms of this agreement, and each assumes the responsibility for the obligations set forth herein.
- Check-in after 4:00 PM
- Checkout before 11:00 AM
- Do not exceed the maximum number of guest
- Quiet hours:10:00 PM – 8:00 AM
- No events, parties, or large gatherings
- No indoor smoking/vaping. Designated outdoor smoking/vaping area marked by garage
- No pets allowed (due to owner’s allergies)
- No illicit drug use
- Top bunkbed limited to one person and no children under 6
- The property is right next to the water. Children must be closely monitored.
- Swim at your own risk
- Must climb stairs to enter the property
- Outdoor amenities are shared across both cabins
CHECK OUT PROCEDURES
- Collect your trash and place in bins outside of the doors. Roll to end of driveway by 7AM if leaving on a Wednesday)
- Remove and items you brought from the fridge/freezer and cupboards
- Rinse all dishes and put in the dishwasher
- Place all towels in laundry hampers in the bathroom. Our turnover service will change/wash bedding and towels
- Let us know if any minor damage occurred
- Close all windows, turn lights off, and lock all doors
- Check-out is at 11 AM
- We reserve the right to modify these terms at any time without notice.
- All content on this website is for informational purposes only and may be subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for any errors or omissions on this website, and we make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy or completeness of the information provided. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).